A few years ago I tried writing a comprehensive guide to coordinate transforms /articles/coordinate-transforms/_2015/ but I think it was too abstract.
There are some things I’d like to write about
- axes and angles
- 1d scrolling - see prototype from 2016 and prototype from 2019 - but if this if this is for platformers, it seems like I need up/down too
- 2d panning - probably useful for lots of games, but should I ask people to read 1d scrolling first?
- crash from above - an example of applying an ease out bounce to top-down zoom
- top down rotation
- isometric - demo on my 2015 prototype, but it’s down on the page because I first work my way up from translate, rotate, shear before I present isometric; I think I should probably work down, the other way around
- camera shake - related to 2d panning probably
- sloppy follow - related to 2d panning or platformer scrolling